I hope you’ll check out my posts from previous caminos:
- Via Francigena, 2016 (Piacenza to Rome). I walked 550 km from Piacenza to Fidenza and Sarzana to Rome.
- Via di San Francesco, 2014 (Florence to Assisi to Rome). Walked 845km to research my guidebook, The Way of St. Francis, and its 614km route.
- Via di San Francesco, 2013 (Assisi to Rome). Walked 235 km in 13 days in Umbria and Lazio with dear friends. To read this camino story from the beginning start here.
- Camino del Norte, 2012 (Bilbao to Santiago). Walked 677 km in 28 days over this beautiful northern route in June 2012. To read this series from the beginning, start here.
- Camino Frances May/June 2011 (St Jean Pied de Port to Finisterre) Walked 900km with my sister, Rocky, and my son, Luke. To read this series from the beginning, start here.
- Via de la Plata July 2010 (Puebla de Sanabria to Santiago) Had only two weeks, but wanted to walk a quiet camino during the busy, Holy Year. Total distance 253 km. To read this series from the beginning, start here.
- Camino Frances May/June, Aug 2008 (St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago). My first camino, walked 800km from St. Jean to Villafranca del Bierzo, but then interrupted by a family emergency at home. Returned to Villafranca in August with my former wife and finished late that month. To read this series from the beginning, start here.
Here are compostelas and credentials from each prior camino, now totaling 3710 camino kilometers: